Veneers are thin shells of porcelain that are cemented on the topical surface of teeth to treat dental imperfections like chips, cracks, discoloration, and gaps between teeth. Being tooth-colored, they are also used to enhance the size, color, and shape of teeth to improve their cosmetic appeal.
The veneer placement procedure is quite simple and easy. First, the topical surface or enamel of the damaged tooth is removed by 0.5 mm to create room for the veneer. Next, a custom-designed veneer is cemented in place using a dental adhesive. Finally, the tooth is shaped and polished to give a sparkling appearance.
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
Porcelain veneers provide a versatile treatment and offer numerous benefits to the patients. They come in handy when you want to improve the appearance of a single tooth or the entire smile. Some of the many benefits of porcelain veneers are:
- Porcelain veneers provide a multifaceted treatment and treat dental issues like cracks, chips, stains, discoloration, misalignment, overlaps, and gaps between teeth.
- Porcelain-based veneers are tooth-colored and available in multiple shades. They are custom-designed and color-matched for each patient to mimic the appearance of natural teeth.
- Porcelain is capable of reflecting natural light just like natural teeth. Smiles restored with porcelain veneers are natural-looking, lustrous, and glistening.
- Placement of the veneers is minimally invasive. They can be bonded in place with an easy and quick procedure.
- Veneers provide value for money. They are quite durable and if properly maintained last up to 15 years.
- Porcelain is stain-resistant. You can enjoy all kinds of foods and beverages without the fear of them staining your veneer clad teeth.
- Porcelain veneers require zero recovery time. You can see an immediate improvement in the appearance of your teeth and smile.
- Veneers improve the appearance of your smile and make it look attractive and bewitching. With an improvement in your smile, there is an automatic enhancement in your self-esteem and confidence.
- Teeth restored with veneers are easy to maintain and care for. You just have to treat them like natural teeth and follow a regular oral care regimen.
- Porcelain is gum and tissue friendly. They are easily accepted in the oral cavity and do not cause sensitivity or irritability.
For further doubts and queries, call us at or visit us today.