Inlays are ceramic restorations that are alternatives to tooth fillings. Onlays are used to restore a worn-out cusp or biting surface of a tooth. These restorations are custom-fabricated to perfectly fit on the teeth that they’re restoring. The best part about them is that they improve the appearance and functionality of the teeth along with strengthening them.
Arzu Ersoy, D.M.D. is one of the most popular dentists operating from Panama City. She has served as a cosmetic dentist for over two decades now, during which she has treated hundreds of patients and helped them get the smile that they have always been dreaming of.
Why should you choose Inlays and Onlays?
- Since they are made from tooth-colored ceramic material, their color, texture, contour, and size can be customized to perfection. Once bonded to the tooth, no one would be able to distinguish them from the natural tooth structure.
- When the size of a cavity is too big, restoring it using filling material can reduce its strength and make it susceptible to failure. But, placing an inlay in it can restore the strength of the tooth by 70 to 90-percent.
- The fit that inlays and onlays offer is just amazing. Since they are fabricated using dental-grade ceramic, they would perfectly mimic the appearance of the natural enamel.
- The level of sealing they offer is excellent. The chances of the decayed tooth getting reinfected are next to none.
- Both inlays and onlays have a high success rate.
During the initial screening of the teeth, we would conduct a thorough visual examination of the mouth. We may take X-rays, scans, and a highly-precise digital mold of the teeth to determine whether or not the restorations would be required. The data obtained from them would be sent to a Computer-Aided Milling machine (CAM) to fabricate the restorations from dental-grade ceramic material.
Once it is fabricated, it will be placed on the tooth and checked for fit and comfort. If any changes are required, they will be made prior to bonding it. Dental adhesives will be used to bond the restoration to the tooth and a curing light will be used to harden it. It may be polished to enhance the appearance.
Call us at (850) 763-4545 or schedule an online appointment with Arzu Ersoy, D.M.D. and we’ll be able to guide you further.